LAST UPDATED: March 1, 2021
At Green Living Supply, we respect your privacy, and we are committed to safeguard information you have entrusted to us. We place a high value in upholding high standards when it comes to protecting the privacy of our community members. Your preferences as to use of your information are our priority; we take seriously the protection and proper use of your personal information.
- What personally and non-personally identifiable information we collect from you through the Website.
- How we use the information we collect. With whom the information may be shared.
- The kind of procedures we employ in an effort to hinder the unauthorized access, use or disclosure of information you provide to us.
- Information related to links to third-party websites.
- The laws that apply to those accessing our Websites from outside of the United States.
- How you can learn about changes to our privacy policies, practices and procedures.
- How you can opt out from our communications.
- Other rights that you may have.
- Specific provisions related to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE AND HOW IT'S USED
You may freely visit our Website anonymously and without being required to provide us with any personal information. However, certain requests and features do require that you provide us with some personally identifying information as more particularly described below. Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact you. We only collect the personal information you willingly provide to use. Please do not send confidential information to us directly through this Websites, or by email to any of the contact email addresses listed on this Websites.
Green Living Supply may collect personal information from you, including, but not limited to, your name, email address, postal address, phone number, or credit card number when you visit our Website, place an order with us, save your information with us online, contact us with a question or concern, or participate in a contest, promotion, or survey. We also maintain a record of the purchases you make online or by phone. We do not store or share credit card information. Please note that we work with third parties to host and administer the shop, and to process your payment transactions, and any information you share may also be shared with such third parties. We may also collect information you provide about others, such as when you purchase products to be shipped to someone else. We will use this information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to those individuals unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us. We may disclose information when you tell us to do so, to identify or contact you, to protect your rights or the rights of Green Living Supply or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
To serve you better, we may combine information you give us online, in our stores or through direct mailers. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our “Select Partners” and others, including providers of third-party cookie and other third-party browsing and use data. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize the shopping experience of you and others with us, and to recognize our customers so that we can communicate with you directly about our products and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional purposes.
NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT BY AUTOMATED MEANS AND HOW WE USE IT
We also collect certain non-personal information (data in a form that does not support direct association with any specific person or individual) by automated means when you visit the Websites. Much of this information is collected through the use of third-party tracking services, which includes Google Analytics. The information collected may include usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of users to the Websites, websites visitors come from and go to and from our Website, pages visited, web browsing histories, online purchases and searches, demographic segmentation, social networking activities and similar data. When gathered, this data, if used, is used in the aggregate, and not in a manner that is intended to identify you personally. This type of aggregate information may be shared with third parties at any time. In addition to the third-party tracking services mentioned above, we also collect this information through various other means, including "cookies” and IP addresses, as further explained below.
Login Information - As further detailed below, we collect information about your use of our websites, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our Website.
IP Addresses - When you visit and interact with the Websites, we or third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services for us may collect Internet Protocol addresses (each an "IP Address"), as well as browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and page navigation. An IP Address is a unique identifier number that certain electronic devices use to identify and to communicate with each other on the Internet; your Internet Service Provider automatically assigns an IP Address to the computer that you are using. We gather this information to track Websites visitor movement in the aggregate, and to gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. Our goal in gathering this information is to learn how our customers and the public are using our Websites. We may use this information to enhance our Websites or for other lawful purposes.
Transaction Information - When you purchase or return a product, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Web Beacons – Our Website may contain "web beacons" (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags and clear GIFs). These web beacons allow third parties to obtain information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the beacon appears, the URL of the page on which the beacon appears, the time the page containing the beacon was viewed, the type of browser used to view the page, and the information in cookies set by the third party. Web beacons also may be used to track whether you have opened an HTML email. When the email is opened, a part of the code that makes up the HTML page calls a web server to load the web beacon that then generates a record showing that the email has been viewed. Web beacons may also recognize when the email was opened, how many times it was forwarded and which URLs (links within the email) were clicked.
Do Not Track - Every time your computer sends or receives information over the Web, the request begins with some short pieces of information called “headers.” These headers include information like what browser you are using, what language your computer is set to, and other details. The Do Not Track technology provides individual users with the ability to include a simple, machine-readable header indicating that they don't want to be tracked, and sends a signal to Web sites' visited requesting that the website disable either its tracking or cross-site user tracking of an individual user. Currently, various browsers – including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Safari – offer a “do not track” option. Presently, there is no consensus on how Do Not Track should be interpreted, and no common or accepted industry standard for implementing. Consequently, please note that GLS’s Website does not currently respond to browsers' Do Not Track signals, and as such your activities will be tracked, regardless of whether you have opted to enable the Do Not Track option offered by your browser.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR INFORMATION
At Green Living Supply, we use the information which we gather from you to provide and improve our services, and to communicate with you, including, but not limited to:
- Facilitate and improve your online shopping experience;
- Provide the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you direct us not to contact you with promotional communications;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
From time to time we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities whom we believe trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our “Select Partners.” In such cases we might exchange, share and/or cross-reference information, including contact information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you.
We may share information about you as follows:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf; We may share your information with third parties including our agents, service providers, and consultants as needed for them to provide business-related services to us. Such third parties may manage our customer information and perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, payment processing, order fulfillment, fraud monitoring, identity verification, processing credit card payments, email or mail delivery and administration, promotion fulfillment, surveys or data analysis, etc. We ask third parties with whom we share your information to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours and applicable law and we provide them with only the information they need in order to perform their services for us.
- We may share your information or combine your information with publicly available information when we team up with other promotional partners to jointly offer or provide products, services, contests, or promotions to our customers, or otherwise to enhance and personalize your shopping experience.
- We may work with third-party companies that use their tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our Website in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf. These companies may collect information about your activity on our site and your interaction with our advertising and other communications, may use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications, and may also be used to track your activity across multiple devices.
- We may share information with third party marketing partners for commercial and advertising purposes to serve specific types of materials including marketing and promotional material distribution (such as direct mail marketing), promotions fulfillment and website evaluation.
- From time to time we may share, exchange and/or cross-reference our postal mailing list with selected providers of goods and services that may be of interest to you.If you prefer not to receive mailings from these providers, you can notify us at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to provide your full name and mailing address to be added to our DO NOT MAIL list.
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable U.S. law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
- It is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of GLS or the merger of GLS into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, or like transaction in which TLM is not the survivor,
- GLS is required or permitted to do so for any or all of the following reasons: (i) to comply with a subpoena, legal process, government request or any other legal obligation, or (ii) to prevent, investigate, detect, or prosecute criminal offenses or attacks on the technical integrity of the Websites or our network.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY/NOTE TO PARENTS
The Websites do not intentionally or knowingly collect, use, or disclose personally identifiable information about visitors to our Websites that are less than 13 years of age. If a child under the age of 13 submits information to us through any part of the Websites and TLM becomes aware that the user submitting the information is under the age of 13, the information provided will be deleted as soon as it is discovered and not used for any purpose. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that they have disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at the address below and be sure to include in your message the same user name and password and/or email address that you believe your child submitted, if applicable: email@example.com
Please note, if you reside in the European Economic Area, Switzerland or the United Kingdom, users must be 16 years of age or older, and any registration by, use of or access to the Website by anyone under 16 is unauthorized, as further clarified below.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/LINKS
We may also provide links to a variety of third-party social media sites and/or websites – such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram - as a service to you, and in order to provide you i) additional information and/or content related TLM, or ii) additional venues in which you can learn about and discuss the activities of TLM. Please note that we have no affiliation with any of these other parties and/or websites, and cannot control and are not responsible for the information collection, use, and disclosure practices of such third parties; we encourage you to review and understand their privacy practices and policies, if any, before using providing any personally identifying information to them. We are not responsible for the content or information of these websites, or any other use of the linked website.
HOW WE ATTEMPT TO SAFEGUARD YOUR INFORMATION
We maintain – and request that any third-party partners who may store information on our behalf to maintain – administrative, technical and physical safeguards for the Websites designed to protect your personal information against theft, loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the personal information that we collect from you. However, no website, application or transmission can guarantee security. Thus, while we have established and maintain what we believe to be reasonable procedures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of personally identifying information obtained through the Websites and we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. When you link to one of the social media venues provided on the Websites, the personal information you share is visible to other users and can be read, collected, or used by them. You are responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these instances, and understand, acknowledge, and agree that you transmit certain personal information over this Websites at your own risk.
USE OF THE WEBSITES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If you prefer not to receive direct marketing from us or from our Select Partners, or if you would like to opt out of our rental or exchange of your information with other marketers, please let us know. In the U.S., please submit your information here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive. If you would like to update or correct your email address, mailing address or other contact information with us please contact us the same way.
If you like, you may use one of the following statements in your message to us:
- I prefer not to receive email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions
or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and
services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of all email advertisements to be removed from future email
Please note that any requests to remove or update your contact information may take up to five days for your email request and 6–8 weeks to process your postal mail request.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding how Green Living Supply manages, accesses or uses your personal information, please e-mail us at email@example.com
SPECIAL NOTICE TO EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA, SWITZERLAND AND UNITED KINGDOM USERS:
The following provisions applies only to users residing in the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland and the United Kingdom. In May of 2018 a new data privacy law known as the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) went into effect. Pursuant to GDPR, we are required to provide those residing in the EEA, Switzerland and the United Kingdom (hereinafter, the “EU Users”) additional information and rights related to the Personal Information we collect about them. For the purposes of this GDPR Privacy Notice section, "Personal Information" means any information relating to an identified or identifiable person. We summarize such information and rights below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
PURPOSE TO INFORMATION COLLECTED
LEGAL GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION:
GLS will process Personal Information that we receive from EU Users on the ground that it is in our legitimate interest for the effective administration of the Website, or to fulfill and/or address your requests.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND YOUR CHOICES; WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT:
GDPR provides EU Users with additional rights in respect to the Personal Information we hold about you, including
How to access your information and your other rights:
- The right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Information and, if necessary, provide you with a copy of that Personal Information (along with certain other details).
- Your right to correction (rectification): If the Personal Information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it corrected.
- Your right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Your right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of Personal Information we've obtain from you.
- Your right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we've handled your Personal Information, you can report it to the relevant supervisory authority.
We will respond to any such above requests within a reasonable timeframe. Some of these rights may be in circumstances in which we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided in data protection legislation in general, and GDPR in particular, or where the Personal Information may be exempt from disclosure due the applicable rules of professional conduct, attorney-client privilege, legal professional privilege, other applicable privileges or protections, or professional secrecy obligations.
Please also note we may need to retain certain Personal Information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual Personal Information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Additionally, please note that we are not responsible for removing or deleting information from the databases of third parties (such as service providers) with whom we have shared information about you, but we will make the request on your behalf for such removal/deletion.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services, or otherwise as is reasonable and customary given the nature of the relationship you have with GLS. We may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed from such locations. Otherwise, we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We have a data retention and destruction plan that dictates the policies and procedures related to deletion and/or destruction of all information/data.
THIRD PARTY CONTRACTORS AND OTHER DATA PROCESSORS:
We may appoint subcontractor data processors as required to deliver the services, such as, without limitation, IT systems or software providers, IT Support service providers, and document and information storage providers, who will process PII on our behalf and at our direction. We conduct an appropriate level of due diligence and put in place contractual documentation in relation to any sub-contractor to ensure that they process PII appropriately and according to our legal and regulatory obligations.
CHANGES TO THIS GDPR PRIVACY NOTE:
We may make changes to this GDPR Privacy Notice from time to time, to reflect changes in our practices. We may also make changes as required to comply with changes in applicable law or regulatory requirements. Where we materially change this Privacy Notice, we will take steps to notify you (such as by posting a notice on the Website or via email), and where required by applicable law to obtain your consent.