Vego Garden 32" Extra Tall 6 In 1 Modular Raised Garden Bed Kit
- Free Shipping In US
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
- 32" Extra High: Enjoy the pleasure of No-Bending gardening with extra tall raised beds; optimal space for root to grow.
- 6-in-1 Modular Design: Versatile configurations fit any backyard space
- Long-Lasting Quality: With Aluzinc coated metal, it lasts 3-7x longer than regular galvanized steel beds, far longer than wooden raised beds.
- Healthier Roots, less bending down: At 32,” it’s the optimal depth for strong root growth. The higher depth also required less bending down for more comfortable gardening.
- Easy to Assemble: Building your dream garden is as easy as tightening the fasteners
- Safety First: Oval design with no sharp corners and a rubber safety strip over the edges
- No Soil Contamination: Unlike chemical-treated wood or plastic, Aluzinc steel has micro amount of elements leach into soil during its whole life; even if it does, aluminum, zinc and steel are essential elements for soil.
- 4 x Corner Panels,1 ft. long, 1 ft. wide, 0.6mm thickness, (Aluzinc steel with coating)
- 6 x Straight Panels, 1.5 ft. long, 0.6mm thickness, (Aluzinc steel with coating)
- 110+2 x Hardware (Stainless Steel 304 Fasteners),
- rubber safety edging, (Commercial grade reinforced rubber)
- hand wrench, and user manual.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Q: What’s a 9-in-1 and 6-in-1 Modular Design?
Vego Raised Beds have a modular design, which means you can assemble the beds into various configurations using the included panels. In the 9-in-1 set, we provide 4 corner panels and 8 side panels. Panels can be easily assembled by tightening the included nuts and bolts. Depending on your yard space, you can pick 1 configuration from the 9 designs. In the 6-in-1 set, we provide 4 corner panels and 6 straight panels, and 6 configurations are available to choose from.
Q: Why is 17” an ideal depth for raised beds?
Most raised beds are less than 12," which isn't enough for healthy roots to grow - especially when you're gardening in a fresh area where soil quality is poor. Deeper soil means deeper roots and happier plants. Many root plants, such as carrots, need extra height for the root to stretch, so 17" is optimal. Higher beds also mean you'll bend over less, saving your back.
Q: What are Vego Raised Beds made from?
Vego Raised Garden Beds are made from cold-rolled galvanized steel with an Aluzinc coating, which we call Aluzinc steel for short. Aluzinc is a 50g/m2 coating material formed from a mixture of Aluminum (55%), Zinc (43.4%) and Silicon (1.6%). Durable and long-lasting, it provides superior performance and corrosion resistance under all environmental conditions. In addition to our garden beds, it’s widely used for construction, roofing, water tanks, insulation and industrial plants.
Q: What are the benefits of Aluzinc Steel?
- Extreme Corrosion Resistance: Compared to wooden or plastic beds, Aluzinc is 7x more resistant to corrosion and rust, and 3-7x more resistant than regular galvanized steel. The corrosion rate (the thickness of the Aluzinc coating lost every year in normal environments) is a maximum of 20% of one micron (0.2 μm). Theoretically, the useful life of Aluzinc in normal environments is more than 100 years. In real life, Aluzinc has lasted more than 20 years in severe marine environments, though in the first year the coating loses up to 0.4 μm.
- Superior Heat Reflection: Aluzinc Steel has superior Albedo capacity. Albedo is another name for reflectivity, a measurement of how much light that hits a surface is reflected without being absorbed. Research shows that soil in galvanized steel stays at an optimal and more even temperature when compared with wooden, concrete and dark plastic beds, which soak up summer sun during the day and stay hot into the night. Research also shows that galvanized steel beds have extra benefits of improved fruit set rate, blush color and maturity.
- Incredibly High-Strength: The surface of Aluzinc is twice as hard as regular galvanized steel, and more than 5x harder than wood or plastic. With high wear resistance, Vego raised beds hold soil for decades without deforming.
- No Soil Contamination: While treated wood and plastic degraded under extreme temperatures, Aluzinc material will not leaches chemicals into plants or soil. This helps create the highest quality soil for organic gardening.
- 100% Green and Recycle Material: With a long useful life, Steel is an environmentally-friendly material made using a "green process." Not only is it 100% recyclable, steel is also the world’s most recycled material.
Q: Will Vego Raised Beds overheat in extreme conditions?
Definitely not. Vego is made from Aluzinc coated steel, which has superior Albedo capacity. Albedo is another name for reflectivity, a measurement of how much light that hits a surface is reflected without being absorbed. Research shows that soil in galvanized steel stays at an optimal and more even temperature when compared with wooden, concrete and dark plastic beds, which soak up summer sun during the day and stay hot into the night. Research also shows that galvanized steel beds have extra benefits of improved fruit set rate, blush color and maturity.
Before Vego released Aluzinc Steel Raised Beds, our friends in Australia have used it in gardening for over 100 years. In fact, it's the most popular raised bed material on the market.
Q: Is it safe to grow fruit is Vego Raised Beds?
Yes, absolutely. Vego Raised Beds are made from galvanized steel with an Aluzinc coating, which lasts for decades in extreme conditions. All materials used are 100% recyclable and manufactured by a “green process.” It requires very high acidity to break down Aluzinc coating, and most garden soils are neutral, so there's little to no impact. Additionally, the metal materials are naturally found in soil, enhancing soil health.
Similar material has been widely used in water tanks, and Aluzinc steel is the most popular garden bed material in Australia.
Q: How thick are Vego Raised Beds? Are they strong enough to hold soil?
Vego uses extra strength Aluzinc coated steel sheet in 0.6 mm thick. Different brands have different ways to define the gauge of thickness, please always ask them about the actual thickness before you make your purchase. This heavy-duty material is strong enough to hold soil for decades, and has a lifespan 7x longer than wooden or plastic beds.
Q: How do I assemble my Vego Raised Beds?
Vego Raised Beds have a modular design, and the set we provide includes everything you need for assembly. Every panel has 6 pre-drilled holes on each side, and the panels connect using included bolts and nuts. Simply tighten the bolts and nuts, and the raised bed is ready to use. There's no cutting or drilling required.
Q: Are Vego Raised Beds safe for children and the elderly?
Vego is probably the safest raised bed on market. It features an oval shape instead of the standard rectangular design to eliminate any sharp corners. Everything is smooth and safe. The top edges are rolled over, and we also include safety rubber strips for added security.
Q: What is the safety rubber edge? Do I have to install it?
The safety rubber edge is a rubber trim we provide for the top edge of our raised beds. It's a durable material that covers any exposed steel edges, eliminating safety hazards. Yes, you will need to install it. After your Vego raised bed is assembled, simply push the safety rubber edge onto the top edge.
Q: Are the beds bottomless?
Yes, the beds are bottomless. This allows excess water to escape, preventing root rot, and allows worms to get into the bed. By using bottomless beds, you can help plants roots access the nutrients below ground.
Q: What kind of surface can I place the beds on?
You can put your Vego Raised Beds on any surface, including the lawn, concrete, pavers or tiles. Most people install it in their backyard on top of grass. Just place cardboard on top of grass, then add garden soil on top. The grass will decompose gradually and contribute to the nutrition of the raised bed ecosystem.
Q: How do I fill a raised garden bed?
While many people will fill their garden beds with 100% potting mix, it's actually not needed. For a high garden bed, you can fill the bottom 5" with organic waste to fill space, such as tree branches, leaves, grass cuttings, cardboard, and so on. You can fill the next 5" with low-cost garden soil, and fill the top 5" with premium potting mix. All the organic matter will decompose over time, contributing nutrients back into the soil. This is also a cost effective way to fill a raised bed. Search YouTube for videos with additional suggestions, like this one.